Tuesday, September 17, 2013

What is Blog?

Have you ever noticed how hard it is to name things? During my World of Warcraft days I would spend hours trying to come up with something cool and slick. I would scroll through the forums, looking for inspiration before usually settling on something lame I would just have to get used to. It’s tough. I just hope that when it comes time to name my kid I come up with something better than my Steam profile. Then again, Splooge McDuck might actually be a pretty good backup.

This blog is a place where I want to share my projects and things I’ve found interesting. Since I’ll probably just use it to procrastinate, I thought it would be clever to somehow combine “procrastinate” with “create.” They sound similar enough, at least. Unfortunately I had to come up with something else when I realized “Nick pro-creates” would probably attract an unsavory crowd.

//TODO seems solid. If you’re a programmer with as short of an attention span as me you’ll already be pretty used to seeing it. My goal is to present everything in an easy to understand language. I’m still an extremely novice programmer, so as I share the things I work on and learn, hopefully you’ll be able to learn as well.


Thanks for visiting; stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment